Our Privacy Commitment
DA Web Enterprises Pty Limited (ACN: 161 249 574) recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of our customers and other third parties who provide their personal information to us. Our policy for dealing with your personal information is explained below.
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988. Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
• comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
• ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
• only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
• tell you how we might use your personal information;
• let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
• keep your personal information secure;
• promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
• make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us.
About this Policy
This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (“Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles. References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to DA Web Enterprises Pty Limited. www.designyournewlife.com (“Website”) is owned and administered by DA Web Enterprises Pty Limited
What sorts of personal information do we collect?
We will only collect from you information that is necessary and relevant to our relationship with you, including to enable us to provide to you the best possible service and customer experience.
The Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you. Generally we will not collect this type of information.
Purpose of collection of your personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
· to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
· to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
· to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
· to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
· provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
· carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way David Jones and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
· to consider and respond to complaints made by you; or
· to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities;
Do we share your personal information with others?
Where we engage third party service providers to perform services for us, those third parties may be required to handle or deal with your personal information. Under these circumstances, those third parties must safeguard this information and must only use it for the purposes for which it was supplied and we will make all reasonable enquiries to try to ensure that this is the case.
Wherever possible, we will limit the information provided to independent third parties to that information required for those third parties to properly perform their functions. Further, our contracts with these third parties will always require the third parties to comply with the APPs (or equivalent standards).
Do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may:
(a) use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
(b) contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
You may make a request that we do not disclose your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by another organisation and you may request that we provide you with the source of any personal information we use for direct marketing purposes. Any such requests will be actioned within a reasonable period and there will be no charges to you for actioning such requests.
How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form.
If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
Will we disclose your personal information to anyone overseas?
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas (“Overseas Recipients”). This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Australia or where you are interacting with an application which is based overseas.
We will take all reasonable steps to satisfy our Overseas Disclosure Obligations.
How can you seek to correct your personal information?
We do what we can to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. To assist us to do this, please ensure that you provide us with correct information at the time you provide it to us and immediately inform us if your details change at any time.
We will respond to any requests regarding the correction of your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Protecting your identity
Wherever it is practicable, we will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Changes to this policy
How can you contact us?
Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us in relation to any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavours to address any such concerns thoroughly and in a timely manner.
If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, if you choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult for us to assist you with your enquiry. This will depend on the nature of your enquiry:
60 Morts Road, Mortdale
Phone within Australia: 02 8958 6985
David’s Mobile: 0418 277 137
Email: [email protected]